Monday, May 4, 2009

Well that was fast...

Two new updates of interest.


Pictured: Sex Machine
Not Picture:
Actual Sex

First, the car is now street legal, thanks to the maneuverings and kindly assistance of a fellow Pennsylvania transplant who happens to work down here at the DMV. And for those of you still registering and having cars inspected in Pennsylvania, my new plate is valid for two years, and the *entire* vehicle inspection consisted of:

1. Do the headlights work?
2. Does the horn work?
3. Do the turn signals work?
4. Do the high-beams work?
5. Do the reverse lights work?

And it cost me $10. I wish I were kidding. I'm golden until next May.

The One True God

The second piece of information is that my abstract on Pastafarianism was accepted. Like, immediately. I sent it off late last night and received the acceptance today, which was also the deadline for the abstracts. So I get to immerse myself in the philosophy and psychology of religion in defense of agnostic theism - i.e., the idea that if there is something transcending human experience, we have no way of knowing what it is, and the FSM is just as valid as any of the other, more traditional deities like Yahweh, Allah, Thor, Chuck Norris, etc.

So, yeah. It will make for a busy summer, as I have to write an chapter on Buddhism for the Dark Tower and Philosophy book first. Never a dull moment.

Alles Gute.



No comments: